Textraw Synthetic Straw
Textraw is synthetic pine straw made from recycled polypropylene, which does not absorb water or chemicals. It recycles easily, from bottle scrap, carpet backing, fiber and yarn. Miller Sand is your authorized Textraw dealer!
TEXTRAW® answers many of the problems of pine straw:
• Retains its color for years without fading
• Contains no weeds, seeds, sticks or critters
• Highly resistant to mold and mildew
• Does not absorb moisture or chemicals, so less is required.
• Maintains its volume, because it does not decompose
• Easier to spread than natural straw
• Delivered fresh year-round
• 4 Year Color Warranty
Here's what customers are saying:
Here are the pictures of my Textraw. The first picture is the 10-year old straw which I purchased and put down in April 2004. You can see on the right where I stopped. The other ones are after I added the new Textraw. I will tell you from my experience, the straw did not lose very much of its color, only lost the shiny look of it. It went from a high gloss red to a dull red, as you can see in the pics. I did fluff it from time to time because it would flatten out after walking on it and I did quiet a bit of it. I wish they would make a color spray to spray on it after it loses it shine. That would be awesome. I have been very, very pleased with my Textraw, that is why I hunted you down for more. I tell everyone that sees my straw about how wonderful it is, and how much I have enjoyed it. It is so much better than pine straw.